Sunday, August 8, 2010

Little India

Today, I had the sudden inspiration to have a walk around little India. Haha.

It was just a brief walk, about 15 minutes. It was somehow intimidating initially as I walked into one of the smaller lanes. Yet, as I walked along, I felt like smiling. There's this part in me that lights up as I see the bangla in their own groups, talking n smiling n paying no attetion to me a Chinese guy amongst them.

I guess some or most of them could just be around my age or perhaps even younger. They travelled all the way here, some at the hands of unscrupulous agents, to reach here. All they want is just a job for themselves n monies for their families back at home.

I m also one of those sgreans who can complain bout them at times, esp on buses etc. But gonna look at them with a softer light.

Happy national day :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: